Russ, Mike and Dan chat through issues and highlights from the week's news as well as the usual Pro Tools tips, tricks and community questions answered.
Podcast Sponsor - E-Instruments
This month’s sponsor is e-instruments, who make some of the finest Kontakt instruments around including Session Strings, Session Horns and the Session Keys Series. Each instrument is not only a faithful rendition of the original but also includes many sound design tools to textures way beyond the original. We have an exclusive review for their brand new instrument coming this Thursday and it sounds fantastic, don’t miss it!
- Don’t forget to check out the deals from our Partners, in the Partner Deals section on our Deals page.
Talking Points Kindly Sponsored By Universal Audio
Are you in need of more power? If you buy and register any new Universal Audio Apollo rackmount interface, that’s the Apollo 8, Apollo 8p, Apollo 16, or Apollo FireWire, until December 31st, 2017, and you’ll get a UAD-2 Satellite OCTO or QUAD DSP Accelerator in either PCI or stand-alone format — to the value of £1,081 absolutely free!
- In this year's end-of-year prize draw competition we wanted to give the Pro Tools Expert community the best chance of winning a prize by offering more individual prizes in one prize draw than we have ever done before. This year we are offering the chance to win one of 31 prizes worth in total in excess of $16,000. Check out the list, and enter the competition and you could be one of 31 lucky winners.
- Don’t forget to check out our win page, to discover more opportunities to win pro audio software and gear from our Partners, in the Partner Win section, on our Win page.
Community Feedback Kindly Sponsored by RSPE Audio Solutions
If you are looking to give your studio the power to Create, Edit, Mix, Master and Deliver Dolby Atmos content, then check out our friends at RSPE, as for over 15 years, they have been a proud Dolby Professional dealer and installer, and they are one of a handful of dealers who can supply the Dolby Atmos Mastering Suite. More details available from RSPE Audio Solutions.
- Donald McLaughlin - has a question about finding the old Pro Tools Accelerated videos to help remember a technique for stutter effects using Structure
- Santiago Morales - Wants to know about the potential for using OMF/AAF to share music sessions between DAWs
- Markus Haberlandner - enquired about VST-AAX wrappers
- José Manuel Adan - Gets a very thorough answer to his question about Thunderbolt HDDs
- Jesse Mandal - Asks about the Antelope Discrete 8
Source Connect Now
As you may know, we are spread out around the UK & Europe when we record the podcast. In the past, we have used a variety of internet-based solutions so we could hear each other. We have settled on Source Connect Now which gives us ISDN equivalent quality audio using a Chrome browser, no software to install. You can get a free account from Source Elements.
Find Of The Week
- Russ - Disksomnia by Digital Heaven and POWAIR - Now I do work with Sound Radix so you may want to take my advice with a pinch of salt, but download the demo.
- Mike - FabFilter Pro-L 2 limiter with true peak limiting, surround support and loudness metering. Now if it was just AAX DSP….
- Dan - iPad Stand