Vintage tones, man!
Soundtoys' first-ever equalizer plugin, the Sie-Q, is free through October 13th (reg. $129).
From the Soundtoys Sie-Q Manual:
Sie-Q is Soundtoys’ take on a classic German EQ from the 60s, the Siemens w295b. This EQ module from the Siemens Sitral consoles features a discrete silicon transistor design and beautifully simple controls and frequency response characteristics .... The star of the show is definitely the High band. It’s perfectly contoured for adding silky high end to vocals and instruments. We’ve also carefully modeled its saturation character so you can hit it hard and get the real analog vibe of the hardware.
- High Band for airy top end on vocals & instruments.
- Mid Band for accentuating or taming mid-range.
- Low Band for carving out or adding bass oomph.
- Drive Control for recreating the colors of the original hardware unit.
- Gain Control is smoother than the original EQ.
You'll need an account at Soundtoys and iLok. A physical iLok USB dongle is not required.